What is Route?
Route Protect is a package protection solution that helps cover you in the event that your order gets lost, stolen, or damaged while in transit. We know how frustrating it is to have something happen to your order, so we’ve partnered with Route to offer added assurance that you’re supported, no matter what. Route Protect can be added during checkout.
You can also utilize the Route App to visually track all of your online orders in one place and easily file a claim with their team. Whether you’re tracking via the Route App or online Route’s real-time shipping updates keep you in the loop throughout every part of your delivery. Download the Route app today!
Route is a licensed insurance company with SEG Insurance Ltd. as its partner.
Why do I need Route?
How can I track my deliveries on the Route Mobile App?
You can view your deliveries in the Route mobile app to get a real-time view of where all of your packages are. On the MAP screen, you can swipe through cards or zoom into the map to see where packages are in-transit. Tap on a card to open up the Order Details page. You can also see a list view of all your packages on the Orders screen. From there, you can tap on orders to see the order details which will provide info around where your order is in transit.
How and When to File an Order Issue
How to File an Order Issue
1. Go to the Route Resolve Center (via the Route app or web link from your order confirmation email)
2. Enter your email and order number, click next
3. Select the items you would like to file for, as well as the order issue type:
Where’s my package?
- If you select this option, you will be given a tracking update, and will have the option to “report an issue” if needed
- Issue unrelated to lost or stolen
- Where’s my package?
- Issue unrelated to lost, stolen, or damaged
6. Depending on what your merchant offers, in some cases you will be asked for your resolution preference.
7. At the end of the process you will be given an order issue summary with more information on what to expect next. You can log back into this page at any time and check for more updates!
When Should I File a Claim?
Marked As Delivered (Stolen)
Claims will be reviewed no earlier than 5 calendar days and no later than 15 calendar days from when it was marked delivered Please note, orders over $100 USD will require a police report to be filed by the customer before any resolution can occur
Stuck In Transit (Lost)
For domestic orders, claims will be reviewed no earlier than 7 calendar days and no later than 30 calendar days from the last update. The maximum filing time is 60 days from the order dateFor international orders, claims will be reviewed no earlier than 20 calendar days and no later than 30 calendar days from the last update. The maximum filing time is 60 days from the order date
Claims for damaged items require photos of the packaging and item(s) and must be filed no later than 15 calendar days from when it was marked delivered.
Claim Resolution Expectations
When a claim is reported and resolved, your product will either be reordered or refunded depending on in-stock availability and the percentage of discounts received.
In some cases, order issues may not be approved per the Route Package Protection policies.
In this article, you can read more about what to expect in each scenario and where to reach out for further questions:
- Shortly after Route has processed your reorder, you will receive a confirmation email from the retailer that includes the new order number and receipt of purchase. Once the retailer fulfills the order, you will receive another email with tracking information: tracking number, and a link to track via the carrier service (i.e. UPS, USPS, etc.).
- Every reorder placed through Route will also be covered by Route Package Protection in the case of lost, stolen, or damaged items. So rest assured that you can always reach out to us should you experience another protected situation!
- Lastly, we highly recommend downloading our app and utilizing Route’s Visual Tracking in order to keep an eye on reorder package status updates and future orders in one, user-friendly place.
Shipping and tax costs will be refunded for select partnered merchants. For those select merchants, refunds to original payment methods will be available, but in the case we are not able to offer a refund to your original form of payment, we will offer a PayPal refund as an alternative option.
For the remaining partnered merchants, refunds are calculated on the exact price you paid for the item(s) - excluding the cost of shipping, taxes.
In both cases, the Route Protection cost will not be refunded.
- If you do not currently have a PayPal account, don’t worry! PayPal is easy, fast, and free to set up, all you need to do is follow this link to get started: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-selection.
- Once your PayPal refund has been processed, you should expect to see funds reflect in your PayPal balance within the next business day (if not much sooner). Sometimes it’s tricky to navigate how to transfer those funds to your bank account, so you can also reference this PayPal article if you need help!
Original Form of Payment
- If your payment is processed to your original form of payment, you can expect to see those back to your account within 5-7 business days.
- Currently, Route is developing some incredible additions to our services that would include the ability to put money right back into your pocket for all merchants. However, until we release those features, PayPal is our safest, most efficient option for returning your money to you in those circumstances.
If you have any questions regarding a reorder or refund completed through Route Package Protection, you can reach out here and we'll be happy to assist however we can!
How Does Route Process Refunds or Reorders?
Refunds: When refunding an item, Route covers the subtotal of the order. Shipping costs, taxes, and the Route premium are not included.
Reorders: Route will reorder the items, depending on in-stock availability. Unavailable items will be refunded. Route will cover the cost of any reorders including shipping, taxes, and Route Shipping Protection.